Mother's Visit.

My Mum came down to London to visit me and we had quite a busy 24 hours! We had afternoon tea at Dial Bar in Covent Garden which was scrummy and the portions were massive. We had little sandwiches (my favourite were the salmon) and a range to cakes.

After stuffing ourselves with food we pottered around Covent Garden we went to Adventure Bar, and had a few cocktails. We luckily arrived in time for happy hour where two drinks are £10 so we had A couple to Strawberry Champagne Juleps. The drinks were so tasty and there was so much choice on the menu that we took ages to choose a drink! The staff are really friendly and let you know when happy hour is about to finish so you can get the drinks in.

We then headed to the ENO to see Caligua. It was the final showing in London and I have to say, I found it very odd. There wasn't really a plot line and a lot of people left in the interval. The singing itself was amazing; I just don't think the story was gripping enough.

The next day we went to Fortnums to have some breakfast, I had the Welsh Rarebit and Mum had fried eggs and ham. Whilst browsing round the store I found a perfume with a scent that is just perfection! It is Grossmith Betrothal, and I think the name itself is wonderful. We both bought some tea which I have yet to taste but I am sure it will be yummy!








All in all it was a great 24 hours with lots of drinking; afterwards I was definitely stuffed! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment