Brassy Blonde.

Nobody told me what a hassle this ombre would turn out to be! My natural hair is relatively low maintenance, just a bit of Moroccan Oil and I'm done. But since having by hair bleached I have found it more difficult, especially the colour.



 To brighten it up it was time for some new products. This post includes two product reviews, Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo and Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo



First up, Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo. This product aims to remove product build up to reveal the colour and condition your hair is meant to be. At £10.10 it is a bit pricey, but i had heard good things about this shampoo. It has a lovely citrusy smell and it doesn't have a chemically smell. I started but lathering up and then I rinsed and applied again, this time leaving in for 10 minutes. When I rinsed it out my hair was literally squeaky clean! It was easy to comb through with my fingers and didn't feel damaged.


Now this product is a bargain! Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo is £3.09 at Boots and has a rich violet colour. I knew to eliminate yellow undertones you needed to turn to the opposite side of the colour spectrum so I was looking for as purple a product as possible. I found that other brands that had products similar, such as Toni & Guy, where lilac in colour, implying that it would have to used everyday. This product it bright! I popped some of this on and left it for 5 minutes, concentrating in the ends. I then rinsed it out and applied my leave in conditioner, Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Intensive Mask, and left that on for 15 minutes.

After all that, I am really impressed with the condition of my hair! the next day it was super soft and there was a range on colours in my ombre. I am putting the softness down to the shampoo; although you would think this is because of the conditioner, i use this every week and my hair is noticeably softer than normal.

Do you have blonde/ombre hair? What do you do to keep it good condition?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment